bug

Dennis Brown see3d at writeme.com
Sat Jun 4 15:29:51 EDT 2005

On Jun 4, 2005, at 2:12 PM, Jon wrote:

> Dennis:
>
> You said "lots of cracks in the IDE". I'd have to agree.
> I've given up on saving scripts, and now only delete/kill the
> script editors.  That way I'm SURE to see the error messages.  Far
> too often I have "saved" a script and the save did not take, with
> no error window visible.  Too bad window visibility is handled
> correctly during a script editor kill, but not when saving a
> script.  It can't be that hard to do the latter correctly if the
> former is correct.

Jon,

Sounds like you were saving the script, before Applying it.  I got
caught a few times on that also.  I am in the habit of hitting the
enter key after editing a script to apply it now.  Otherwise, the
script says what you edited, but it executes what was last applied
before your last edits.  I don't like this way of doing it, I think
the IDE should ask if you want to apply before running the script
again, or always apply when leaving the window focus, and having a
proper unlimited undo for at least the text editing of a script --
that can't be that hard to do.

I like to leave the script I am debugging/improving open with the
script running so I can quickly try different things with nary a
mouse click.  You learn about "apply" very quickly in that case.

Dennis