Keyboard Layout under Windows 98

Thomas McCarthy tominjapan at excite.com
Sat Jun 4 02:44:35 EDT 2005

Thank you Thank you Thank you for confirming this.

I reported this to the MetaCard list a few year ago. I had the feeling no one believed me, so I dropped it.

This is a MAJOR pain. And it continues in standalones. So what do you tell users of your apps? "Sorry, the keyboard layout is screwed, please refer to this handy chart?"

As far as I know this continues in NT, and XP.

More importantly, it's a major pain to me! Whenever I want to work on the PC, I have to keep in mind the mac (eng) keyboard. Adds much time and frustation to development.

tom--I'm not crazy after all