Keyboard Layout under Windows 98

tim at leaf25.com tim at leaf25.com
Fri Jun 3 22:03:43 EDT 2005

Hi everyone,

This is my first post here. I bought Rev Studio a few weeks ago and I have really
enjoyed working with it, and reading about how to from this list, which has
helped me a great deal!

I have a question, though, that I haven't been able to find an answer for yet.

 I am using Windows 98 Japanese OS. When I open Rev, the text input mode
automatically switches to a US English keyboard layout. Even if I go
into the keyboards control panel and delete this layout, when I open
Rev, it just comes back, almost as if Rev is creating it.

This means that the punctuation characters do not display as typed. For example,
on my
keyboard "&" is shift-6, but I have to type shift-7 to get it in Rev. Almost all
the other punctuation characters on the right of the keyboard have the same problem.

What I need to work out is why Rev isn't using the default keyboard
layout and input method editor. I have other English software on this
machine, and all of it honors the keyboard layout setting provided by
the OS. (in fact, I am typing this now in an English version of
Firefox, and there are no problems.)

Although I personally can live with this
problem, I want to distribute my software to people using Japanese
systems - and then it becomes a much bigger issue for me. They will
expect that when they type a bracket, or apostrophe, or ampersand,
then that's what they get!

Any fix / workaround gratefully appreciated!

Regards,

Timothy Due