mail client (OT)

rev at armbase.com rev at armbase.com
Fri Jun 3 11:55:00 EDT 2005

Quoting Chris Sheffield <revlist at cableone.net>:

> I know this is totally off-topic, but as I'm looking for a good mail
> client to read this user list, I thought I'd ask here.  So what's a
> good one?  I've been using Apple Mail, but the fact that it doesn't
> keep track of the message threads very well is really starting to
> annoy me.  So I'd like to play with something else.  Any suggestions?

Yes Gemini mail.

I tried thunderbird and it is very good and free. It has "toggle on threads" so
mails can be threaded.

However, there are some limitations to thunderbird. When you toggle on the
thread you have them nicely grouped, however, when you then "sort" the threaded
mails it loses the thread action unless you rethread. When you consider the time
you spend on email, it is well worth paying for a client that will do exacctley
everything that you require.

Gemini is great for this and has been on RISC OS for years. It costs money, but
like all good things is money well spent.
You can trial it heren and see a screenshot

http://www.intellegit.com/software/gemini/

cheers
bob (no affiliation)