OT fine musical instruments. WAS progress bars

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Fri Jun 3 08:32:37 EDT 2005

Hi Jon,

> So, Klaus: do you play a Steinberger guitar?

Mon dieux, un connaisseur :-)

Although this "headless" design may have been invented by Mr. Ned
Steinberger,
this is a 6-string frettless bass-guitar made by a german company
called "Clover".

Like the "original" it is made of carbon graphite*, which makes it
almost indestructible
and gives it a very clean "hi-fi" sound.

And it now serves me VERY well for over 16 years :-)

My guitar, (don't have a photo unfortunately) is a Gibson L5 (a very
fine and VERY
expensive hollowbody jazz guitar) replica from "Aria", a japanese
company, and
has a beautiful sunburst finish.

And that is almost 30 years old :-)

> :)