Here to drive you crazy about the media player again

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Fri Jun 3 00:43:59 EDT 2005

Dan,

Read below...

Buddyb3ar22 at aol.com wrote:
> Yes I know, I'm probably annoying you, but I got stuck again, I was working
> with the options and I ran into a problem
> I found the documentary that showed the options in the Dreamcard help that
> listed the options of a player, but I don't see anything for an option like fast
> forwards or rewind, and also nothing to make a little display so that a
> person can tell how far they are in on the file

Please check out in the documentation: Press the Objects button at the
top, then select the Object "VideoClip" on the left tree and you can see
the messages and properties it gets.

To move forward or back, you'll want to create a button to get and set
the currentTime property of the player object.

You can search these archives if you like by going to:
http://www.altuit.com/webs/altuit2/RunRev/Search.htm

And enter your search criteria in the Search box there. There's also a
plugin (I think by Mark Wieder) which will search the archives as well.

> Oh and I have one more question. Lets say I wanted one button for play and
> pause, like when the music is paused, the button says play and when you click
> play it'd turn to pause, I haven't looked this up anywhere yet, but I was just
> wondering if it was possible to do?

Check out the icon property of a button. You can switch it from one
image to another.

on mouseUp
   if the icon of me is 1025 then --> PAUSED
     set the icon of me to 1026
     --> DO YOUR PLAY STUFF HERE
   else
     set the icon of me to 1025