possible bug

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Thu Jun 2 23:08:16 EDT 2005

Jon-

J> My failing to disable the Geometry when I wrote the on Resize handler
J> is obviously a bug on my part.  My only question/comment is to ask
J> whether the Rev run-time system might have detected an attempt to
J> manually alter a value that was being maintained automatically, and flag
J> a run-time error.  This would have eliminated much of the mystery, and
J> all of the agony.

J> Just a suggestion.

It's not a bad suggestion at that. I think that anything that brings
down the IDE should be classified as a bug. I tested your resize
handler earlier and with the included bugs it did indeed cause the IDE
to hang. I'd rather have this be an environment that encourages
experimentation, rather than punishing it. But I'm a bit at a loss as
to how this problem would be trapped. I'd suggest putting this into
Bugzilla with your sample script and letting the runrev folks deal
with it.

The problem, of course, as you've already surmised, is that the Damned
Programming Environment did exactly what you told it to do... just
can't trust computers these days.

If you're not already using Bugzilla, do it the easy way and pick up
RevZilla at <http://www.sonsofthunder.com> .

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net