Shell command doesn't give feedback until done

Brian Yennie briany at qldlearning.com
Thu Jun 2 22:02:35 EDT 2005

Ugh. I just tried this and it doesn't work in Rev- although it's the
standard way to deal with this sort of task in a terminal.
I'm guessing that Rev refuses to return until the process is completely
terminated- and opens a whole new shell environment every time you call
shell(). How rude!

Now picking for a workaround... sorry for the false alarm.