Custom props and unicode

Thomas McCarthy tominjapan at excite.com
Thu Jun 2 19:54:21 EDT 2005

This is no problem. In fact, the project I'm working now on does just that extensively.
I have a number of dialogues in Latin (with unicode vowels marked with a line over them).
Each dialogue is stored in a special property for the card: the LatText of this cd

Here are the steps I use:
1. type/paste the text into a field. Adjust it-color/size, etc.
2. press a button with this script:

put the htmltext of fld 1 into x
set the LatText of this cd to x

3. Then, when I want to display the text, I do this:

set the htmltext of fld 1 to the LatText of this cd

NOTE, the fld should have a unicode enabled font (I use arial). I've tried using things like "Arial,unicode" or "w"--but I've run into problems--especially on Windows.

cheers,
tom