Shell command doesn't give feedback until done

MisterX b.xavier at internet.lu
Thu Jun 2 16:06:35 EDT 2005

Dar, anyone...

use get shell("start cmd "mycommand > mylogfilepath.log" )
you get either an error or nothing (no news, good news)

but no wait. I think it's even posted in the revdocs that way...

if only webnotes (revonline webnotes news and webnotes of the day Rev?)
would work...

Then if you mycommand is returning output to the shell it will be
outputed to the mylogfilepath.log (either in bulk or bit by bit.
Try to open the file for reading only or it may fail otherwise).

You can also use dynamic paths in dos so file locking can also be dealt
with.

> is a pipe (same as unix). This writes the shell output to a file or port.

To append to an existing file use >> instead of erasing and creating a new
one with >

If you want more, get the microsoft resource kit for your system

to get more information about how each command can do work for you more
efficiently.
Look it up in the windows help it will help.

cheers
Xavier
http://monsieurx.com - we have shell tools too ;)