Externals blocking calls.

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Thu Jun 2 11:37:43 EDT 2005

Kevin-

N> Is the a construct simular to wait with messages for calling
N> externals? Meaning when I call a external function of functions and
N> it is a "blocking call" is there any way the RR message pump can
N> continue processing.

Can you use a non-blocking version of the call? The way I've dealt
with this is to code an event loop in the external that catches the
callback message, then sends an interrupt back to the rev stack. That
way the original function called from rev can return immediately.

A blocking call is *supposed to* block. You might spawn a new thread
for the blocking call so it's off in its own little world.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net