Find numeric ? Help needed !

Kresten Bjerg Kresten.Bjerg at psy.ku.dk
Thu Jun 2 08:31:40 EDT 2005

I have an apparent inconsistency with at handler using FIND. The
searched are 10- digit numbers (daysecond) stored in  a specific  field
"daysecond" in a parallel substack, I search them with a global variable
("dato"), and for some numbers it works OK, but other numbers it fails.

I have tried find, find string, find case-sensitive but the same errors
- and the same successes ( app. 50%) -persist.  All documentation on
find refers to text, nowhere do I find reference to digits/ numbers.  I
know that SORT has a numeric mode, but why is there no FIND numeric ?
There most certainly must be a rather simple way to make it 100% sure,
that the handler will locate and open the
card, where that number is  in that field. Maybe something like  go
stack X, find card where field "daysecond"=dato ?

Anybody here having THE SOLUTION ?

Kresten Bjerg
Refer please to Oikos Homestation <http://www.psy.ku.dk/bjerg>, for
further information