How do I script for the effect of menu item "Reshape Graphic"

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto revolution at jaedworks.com
Thu Jun 2 01:36:28 EDT 2005

At 5:25 PM -0700 6/1/2005, Jim Hurley wrote:
>I have a button with the following handler:
>
>on mouseUp
>   set the markerdrawn of grc 1 to true
>end mouseUp
>[...]
>These two button have no effect on the polygon until I select the
>polygon and then call "Reshape Graphic" from the Object menu. From
>this point on the two buttons then show and hide the markers.
>
>How can I script for whatever "Reshape graphic" does?

Check out the See Also list for markerDrawn to see ways to affect the
appearance of the boxes. You may need to set the graphic's
markerPoints to some reasonable value to make them visible - I don't
remember what the default is.

The dynamic part of what "Reshape graphic" does (allowing you to drag
the marker points around to reshape the polygon) is kind of
complicated. Probably the best thing to do is take a look at the
script.

>Also, I haven't a clue what those little "Points" are below the
>"Draw shape at vertices" box in the Inspector. Points like: -3,1 and
>-2,1 etc. I'll bet they do something interesting. Where do I find
>these in the docs?

Those are the markerPoints. They give the corners of the little shape
used for the marker.
jeanne a. e. devoto ~ revolution at jaedworks.com
http://www.jaedworks.com