No subject

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Jun 1 19:43:33 EDT 2005

Vjstbenz at aol.com wrote:

 > it is just your version of life...that works for you.....

It reflects the collective will of the global community, as expressed in
international copyright agreements.  If you have a problem take it up
with the hundred nations that have signed those agreement.

 > It was a gift to the list....except...you don't see it the same...

I doubt any ethical person who values their labor and that of others
sees it that way.

Stolen goods aren't much of a gift.

If you want to send someone on this list a gift then buy them a license
for that commercial product.

 > In the future Richard ...the 'values' of life that you describe
 > here are changing.... and peoples values and their 'value' as
 > a person....in life....are changing...but not always
 > reciprocally or in earnest...

When our culture devolves into a lawless mass of mutual slavery we'll
talk.  In the meantime we have laws, and they exist for a reason.

 > Today Rich? do you think Billy Gates wanders around the globe
 > in his little camper van (like he started out)....looking for
 > people...who have not got his signed copy of his disk....of
 > windows....?

That's in no way relevant to the discussion.

Yes, Microsoft has been convicted of sweeping anti-trust violations by
more than two dozen governments worldwide, and has yet to release any
public acknowledgement of wrongdoing so we have no way to know they
whether they intend to resume such practices once they feel they can get
away with them again.

But neither myself nor the company you advocated stealing from are
employees of Microsoft.

Nor does Microsoft's widely-acknowledged unethical behavior validate
unethical behavior towards them. You don't raise their bar by lowering
yours.

 > www.google.com.....produces serials...on a simple search.....
 > google is worth 5 billion now Rich...
 >
 > .....i have respect for LAW ...do you think google do?

Google does not actively promote crime, and in fact will yank an illegal
site from their listings once it's brought to their attention (see
<http://www.google.com/dmca.html>).

Look, you had the opportunity to contritely apologize to this community
for promoting the theft of their work, but instead you chose to try to
justify the illegal activity.

I doubt the listmom will ban you from this list, but for myself none of
the lists I manage are allowed to be used for the promotion of criminal
activity.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation