Windows player crashes after repeat loop

Thomas McCarthy tominjapan at excite.com
Wed Jun 1 19:25:06 EDT 2005

Help!!!!
(occurs in standalones, development is not affected)
I'm exeriencing consistant crashes after using (without Quicktime) the player in windows in a repeat loop. The loop playes Mp3 files. First time through the loop is no problem. the second time I enter the loop, it freezes after the first file.--I've tried setting the filename to empty, moving through the program to see if that clears the memory...nothing works.

I'm making a Latin program that plays a dialogue in a fld. Here's the outline:

(button)
repeat with i = 1 to the num of lines
if the enabled of me then exit repeat --the user wants to stop
select line i of fld 1
put the soundpath() & i into tfile
set the filepath of player 1 to tfile
start player 1
wait while the player is playing with messages (actual script is different)
end repeat

This worked fine when I used MCIsendString and Wave files. When I switched to the player and Mp3 files, it started freezing.

As this is the central theme of the program, if it crashes on the second try, it will render my program useless--unless I go back to wave files (huge!)
Any help would be most gratefully recieved.
tom mccarthy