resizeable stacks

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Jun 1 18:55:13 EDT 2005

Jon wrote (re-arranged in standard top-to-bottom reading order):

 >> Jon wrote:
 >>
 >>> I have the Size and Position tab set so that Resizable is checked,
 >>> but still the window/stack cannot be resized by the user at
 >>> run-time.  What is the secret?
 >>
 >> Which platform?
 >
 > I thought this was a platform independent development environment...
 >
 > Windoze ...  for the time being <sick grin>

It's not so bad, as long as you don't do any mission-critical work on
such a vulnerable-by-design system. :)

Check the liveResizing property, and makes sure it's off on Windows.
There's an engine bug in which that property should have no effect on
Win (since windows always work that way there), but instead it has a
nasty side-effect of making them unresizable.

I think there's a Bugzilla report on this....

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation