documentation organizational problems

Jon jbondy at sover.net
Wed Jun 1 18:43:50 EDT 2005

Brian:

Thanks for your comments.  My problem was spending hours trying to write
a Flip routine, only to come across it by accident.  There was no clue
that it existed from looking at the Image properties or events.  After
this accidental encounter, I now feel as if I have to learn every single
detail before proceeding at all, which is daunting and frustrating.
Thus my comment that associating the "methods" with the objects would
have been a good idea.  And if that was not possible architecturally, at
least document them somewhere.

And then I tried to do some string manipulations (change the string
<"FRED"> to the string <FRED>, that is, remove the quotes), and simply
gave up: there is no section on how to manage strings.

I know I'm coming from another programming environment, and I don't
expect it to be trivial, but when I can't find any information at all, I
get frustrated.  I can't be the first one...

:)

Jon