[ANN] The Scripter's Scrapbook version 5

Stephen Barncard stephenREVOLUTION at barncard.com
Wed Jun 1 15:48:31 EDT 2005

I have no problem with paying for software tools, I have bought or
donated for software created by several on this list. My problem was
that there was a major switch in the distribution method of SSb that
caught me unawares and I overwrote the old .rev file with 5.x.
Luckily, I had a .zip file of v4 in my archives.

I like version 4 just fine, with the exception of the 'code' font
which is a variation of Courier, I think, that for some reason on the
Mac shows up as being very grey and hard to read.(Has anyone else
seen this?). I just have to forgo colorization.

  I have the same problem with yahoo groups, only worse there. As I
communicated with the authors of SSb, I thought the next 4.x version
would have at least that oversight fixed.

I probably buy it eventually, but a note in the [ANN like, "You've
had this for free for a while but I gotta make it pay for itself"
would have been nice to know. No big deal.

sqb