dump newbie image questiosn

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Wed Jun 1 15:40:43 EDT 2005

Hi Jon,

The formattedHeight and formattedWidth of an image gives you its
actual size.
So you can deduce or set the current height and width (zoom in/off)
from this value.
You can group an image in order to set the boundaries of the part
that can be seen by the user (group limits) and change the part he/
she may see by moving the image inside its locked group.
When setting an image width or height, it's better to set the lockLoc
of this image to true.
The rest is up to you :-)

Best regards from Paris,

Eric Chatonet.

Le 1 juin 05 à 21:20, Jon a écrit :

> Is there any way to specify the magnification ratio of the image
> (the ratio between the native/intrinsic size and the displayed
> size)?  One might want to alter this ratio in order to "zoom" or
> "unzoom" an image.   Note that I do NOT want a separate "zoom"
> window or magnifier.  I want to take a image and either display it
> to "fit" in a window, or display it "normally" (1:1).
>
> Is there any way to specify the displayed width of an image
> independent of the actual width of the image (in pixels)?  One
> might want to do this to "fit" an image into a fixed screen space,
> even if it is larger or smaller (in pixels) than the screen space.
>
> I've tried to manipulate real (large) images using the pixels, and
> have found Revolution to be stunningly slow (perhaps 100 times
> slower than native code).  Am I doing it "wrong", or is Revolution
> aimed at doing things other than manipulating millions of pixels in
> tight loops?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Jon

So Smart Software

Plugins, tutorials and more on our website
Phone        33 (0)1 43 31 77 62
Mobile        33 (0)6 20 74 50 86