audioClip

Stephen Barncard stephenREVOLUTION at barncard.com
Wed Jun 1 15:20:58 EDT 2005

Ok, I overcomplicated things. But I've often wondered if it were
possible, and how controllable was it. And what would I need it for?
Building an editor program with waveforms, etc would be a big deal,
but a simple note-taking recorder would seemingly be a good simple
audio project.

Most programs that record audio have to record to a buffer file first
anyway, so your temporary audio file could go to a temp folder in
your system where such files are dumped automatically at shutdown. On
Unix and Macs it would be the temp folder.  specialFolderPath("temp")
returns "/private/tmp/501/TemporaryItems " on my mac.

sqb