dump newbie image questiosn

Jon jbondy at sover.net
Wed Jun 1 15:20:17 EDT 2005

Is there any way to specify the magnification ratio of the image (the
ratio between the native/intrinsic size and the displayed size)?  One
might want to alter this ratio in order to "zoom" or "unzoom" an
image.   Note that I do NOT want a separate "zoom" window or magnifier.
I want to take a image and either display it to "fit" in a window, or
display it "normally" (1:1).

Is there any way to specify the displayed width of an image independent
of the actual width of the image (in pixels)?  One might want to do this
to "fit" an image into a fixed screen space, even if it is larger or
smaller (in pixels) than the screen space.

I've tried to manipulate real (large) images using the pixels, and have
found Revolution to be stunningly slow (perhaps 100 times slower than
native code).  Am I doing it "wrong", or is Revolution aimed at doing
things other than manipulating millions of pixels in tight loops?

Thanks!

Jon