level 1 stacks lock together?

Douglas Westbrook wdesigns at austin.rr.com
Wed Jun 1 13:09:19 EDT 2005

I am having a problem  while using drawers and palettes. I am using a
main stack to open another main stack. The first stack is a palette
and is used to edit the second stack . The first palette stack has
the seconds sub stacks that open as drawers in the first. This all
seems to work normally,  but somewhere in the works all level 1
stacks “lock together” and move as one window. I don’t  know what
this is to look it up or how to fix it once this happens. Can anybody
clue me in?