Yet Another Clock

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Wed Jun 1 00:25:35 EDT 2005

Recently, Dennis Brown  wrote:

>> At the risk of beating a dead clock, here is another more visual
>> approach to
>> the display of time which uses the points of a hidden graphic to
>> determine the location of each "hand" (still pretty minimal/
>> efficient code).
>> In your message box:
>>
>>   go url "http://www.tactilemedia.com/download/ballclock.rev"

> This is a very visually appealing display.
> My only critical feedback is that the hour hand needs to advance one
> "point" every 5 minutes.  Otherwise, I have a hard time telling what
> time it is when it is close to the hour.

Thanks for your comments.

This is interesting --  I actually wondered if it might be *easier* to tell
the hour simply because the hour hand stays fixed directly at the current
hour until it's time to change.  In any event, it's more doable to change
the hour every 12 minutes since there are only 5 points available between
each hour -- this should accomplish the same net result since the hour hand
will get closer to the next hour as it approaches.

Thanks for the suggestion -- I'll give this a shot.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, Multimedia & Design