Spotlight indexing: feature request proposal

Sarah Reichelt sarahr at genesearch.com.au
Sun Jul 31 21:29:23 EDT 2005

> I propose the addition of two new stack properties for telling
> Spotlight how to index stacks:
> - the <spotlightScript> of this stack: if true the scripts of the
> stack is indexed by Spotlight. If false, no script indexing is done
> for the stack.
> - the <spotlightText> of this stack: if true the content of fields
> and titles of objects are indexed by Spotlight. If false, objects
> content indexing is not done for the stack.
> By default both properties are true (i.e. when the stack is
> created). When creating a substack, its spotlight properties are
> default to the value of its mainstack but they can be changed
> independantly from the mainstack.

I agree - mostly. Sometimes I would really like the text to be
indexed but I realize this places an extra burden on the system, so I
would like the text search OFF by default and restricted to unlocked
fields.

As regards the password-protected scripts, have you tried this? I
just tested it and Spotlight does not index password-protected stacks.

Cheers,
Sarah