Full justification

Jim Hurley jhurley at infostations.com
Sun Jul 31 19:27:11 EDT 2005

>Message: 1
>Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2005 11:17:40 -0400
>From: Thomas McGrath III <3mcgrath at adelphia.net>
>Subject: Re: Full justification
>To: How to use Revolution <use-revolution at lists.runrev.com>
>
>This will take care of the extra spaces just create another button and
>put this in it:
>

>on mouseUp
>    repeat for each word theword in field "field"
>      put theword & space after field "flush"
>    end repeat
>    beep
>end mouseUp
>
>Then copy the text from field "field"
>
>Tom

Tom,

Good. But to avoid the problems that Alex mentions, I was thinking of
something like the following:

on mouseUp
   get the htmltext of  field 1

   repeat
     replace "  " with space in it--Replace double space with single
     if offset("  ",it) is 0 then exit repeat
   end repeat

   set the htmltext of field 1 to  it
end mouseUp

Replace is very fast. It is best to work with the htmlText to avoid
changing the formatting. (It is pretty much what I do in MS Word:
replace double spaces with single spaces until Word reports no
changes.)

Jim