ANN: New page in test.

Andre Garzia soapdog at mac.com
Sun Jul 31 19:03:38 EDT 2005

On Jul 31, 2005, at 7:54 PM, Dan Shafer wrote:

> Andre....
>
> A blog from you on technical things would be quite interesting and
> useful, I'm sure.
>
> Curious why you're using Manila when you have your own blogging
> tools. I mean, I like Manila and all, but does it offer some big
> advantages that you couldn't get into your own blog tools?
>
> I'd definitely read it.
>
> Dan

Dan,

I guess I'll create  a "why manila" article :-D

The point is, my blogging tools are not on par with manila features
yet. Manila is very powerfull and it's built in editor and image
upload features enable me to work my page from anywhere. I am working
on a little manila-like tool but it is not ready yet, so for now, I
stick with manila. All my blogging tools are just me trying to clone
frontier/manila for I think it's the most powerfull and elegant
solution available. Since the frontier kernel was opened, my old
frontier interest was reborn and I reinstalled manila trial here, it
will run for two months. I hope that in the end of this period or my
blogging tools will be as powerfull as I want them to be, or that
I'll have the money to buy a frontier copy for myself!

The main thing was: should I wait for my tools to mature as much as I
thought they need before creating my page or should I start with the
tool I like best and then go improving my apps using my daily
experience with manila as a guidance... I decided to start now! :-D

Cheers
andre