ANN: Sudoku Assistant

Dan Shafer revdan at danshafer.com
Sun Jul 31 18:47:51 EDT 2005

Alex...

Got it.

I'm doing something wrong or misunderstanding how the assistant works
or something.

On Puzzle #1, I got to the place where I have five uncompleted cells.
One of them has a "?" which I think means there's an error somewhere.
But neither it nor the cell underneath it show any potential values
when I click on them. Then I click on an adjoining square to the one
without a "?" and select a value. Odds go to 0, so I know I've got a
wrong value there. I "Undo" and now I have three squares -- the two
original and the one I just undid -- that show no values to pick from
when I click on them. SO essentially, even though I think I could
solve the puzzle at this point, the assistant won't let me proceed.

Bug? Something I'm not grokking?

Dan

(I'll send you the text file privately.)