ANN: Sudoku Assistant

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Sun Jul 31 18:25:12 EDT 2005

Dan Shafer wrote:

> Alex.....
>
> Downloaded Version 1.2 but the PReferences menu option does nothing
> on my machine.
>
> Still getting addicted here. Nifty stuff.

There aren't any preferences yet.

Although Jim suggested a preference for whether to display blanks rather
than the set of possible values, I decided to make it a button rather
than a preference.

 This makes it easier to switch between the two modes - initially there
should be a button at the bottom "Hide uncompleted" - click that
(*after* you have loaded a puzzle) and you will see blank squares, and
the button should switch to saying "Show uncompleted". You should be
able to switch between them at any time. (This doesn't count as an
action for Undo/Redo - you should stay in the same mode while Undoing or
Redoing).