Font question, which Courier?

Charles Hartman charles.hartman at conncoll.edu
Sun Jul 31 08:58:58 EDT 2005

As far as I've been able to tell, Courier New is more widely
available than the others. Unfortunately, on Mac -- mine at least --
as compared with Courier, Courier New is annoyingly light, as in the
opposite of bold; it looks pale when you put it beside text in other
fonts. I ended up using an if-block to choose:

   if "Courier" is among the lines of the fontNames then
     put "Courier" into tNewMonoFont
   else
     put "Courier New" into tNewMonoFont
   end if
   . . .
   set the textFont of someStack to tNewMonoFont
   . . .

Charles Hartman