Getting the type code of a file under OSX

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sat Jul 30 10:14:17 EDT 2005

Alex Tweedly wrote:
> You could try (I did !!) using the trick I saw from Richard a couple of
> weeks ago, using a complex filter expression to ensure the right number
> of items - e.g.
>   filter ... pFileName & ",*,*,*,*,*,*,*,*,*,*"  but that also fails the
> "a,11" case as above.

For grabbing just one line I often just include boundaries around the
text with lineOffset:

   put lineoffset(cr& tMyFileame&"," , cr& tFileList)

Because the file names are URL encoded commas become %2C, so I don't
believe there's a risk of getting commas in the name confused with
delimiters.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Managing Editor, revJournal