colors as constants

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Thu Jul 28 17:00:03 EDT 2005

Jeanne-

JAED> Actually, the color names aren't true constants (that is, they aren't
JAED> in the constantNames). They're literals; as with other one-word
JAED> literals, you can get away with not quoting them, but as you note
JAED> it's not good practice.

Yes, I got taken to task for this a while back. And here's why it's
not a good idea to treat colors as constants (I do consider this a
flaw in Transcript, by the way - I think they should be added to the
list of contantNames):

on mouseUp
  local red

  put "hello" into red