Crossword Generator

Mark Talluto userev at canelasoftware.com
Thu Jul 28 12:00:55 EDT 2005

On Jul 28, 2005, at 8:15 AM, Mark Swindell wrote:

> I was just wondering if anyone here had created such a beast.  It
> seems like a product Rev might be good for.  I'm looking to
> purchase one, actually, to use in the classroom, as well as to
> integrate into a curriculum package that will be an adjunct to a
> Rev product I'm working on.   For educational needs it needn't be a
> NY Times type thing.  Just a well-thought, professional generator
> where the user types in the clues and words and the puzzlemaker
> creates a puzzle.  It should have font and size capabilities, as
> well as background images/patterns/colors.   After generation, each
> element should be resizable and  movable so the user can set up a
> nice-looking custom page for printout. (Basically five elements:
> down clues, across clues, answers, bg image/rect, and puzzle
> itself).  Printing is a must, export to PDF, jpg, other options.

Mark,

There are plenty of commercial apps out there for about $20.00 that
would suit your needs just fine.  You can find one such program at
most local teacher stores.  You can also order most of the available
commercial versions from any educational catalog like:  <http://
www.learningservicesus.com/>

Mark Talluto
--