Crossword Generator

Mark Swindell mdswindell at charter.net
Thu Jul 28 11:15:19 EDT 2005

I was just wondering if anyone here had created such a beast.  It
seems like a product Rev might be good for.  I'm looking to purchase
one, actually, to use in the classroom, as well as to integrate into
a curriculum package that will be an adjunct to a Rev product I'm
working on.   For educational needs it needn't be a NY Times type
thing.  Just a well-thought, professional generator where the user
types in the clues and words and the puzzlemaker creates a puzzle.
It should have font and size capabilities, as well as background
images/patterns/colors.   After generation, each element should be
resizable and  movable so the user can set up a nice-looking custom
page for printout. (Basically five elements: down clues, across
clues, answers, bg image/rect, and puzzle itself).  Printing is a
must, export to PDF, jpg, other options.

Mark