Urgent (desperate) cry for help...

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu Jul 28 10:07:09 EDT 2005

On 7/28/05 4:07 PM, "xbury.cs at clearstream.com" <xbury.cs at clearstream.com>
wrote:

Hi guys,

> according to my version here in Win2003 (like XP), i also get
> URLencode("Coördinator")=Co%F6rdinator
>
> so i would assume the problem to be with the urlencode function or the way
> windows and mac differ on that kind of translation...
>
> Oh yes... macs and pcs dont encode ö as the same ASCII so it must be
> perfectly normal....
>
> sorry for the bad news...

Well, this will not be helpful to Ton, but for info of others:

Valentina Database do correct auto-conversion
of Unicode text between platforms in this case.

You can self setup Valentina for Revolution what you want to do:

      you set/get UT8 string

Or
      you get/set e.g. Macintosh encoding on MAC
      you get/set e.g. Latin1 encoding on Windows

Also you can specify any from 200+ encodings of the world.

Valentina self convert that into UTF16 and store on disk in db files.

--
Best regards,

Ruslan Zasukhin
VP Engineering and New Technology