request for script or stack

Sarah Reichelt sarahr at genesearch.com.au
Wed Jul 27 23:41:10 EDT 2005

> Regarding the "find and replace" window, I have tried several times
> to stop a search with a command-period. It just plain won't stop.
> (Clicking on the glowing red close button at the upper left won't
> stop it either, even though the little X appears when the mouse is
> over it.)

I tested it here (Mac OS X 10.4.2 if that matters) with Rev 2.6 and
it worked fine. I had to set it searching a vast number of stacks
before I could get to the keys fast enough, but I made it in the end
and was able to interrupt it. It then gave me the list of items it
had found so far.

The "Find" button in the Find & replace window specifically sets the
allowInterrupts to false which is weird, especially as the comment
above one of the lines setting it to false says "  --allow user
interruption".

You may like to edit this so that you can interrupt it, although as I
said, it works for me.

Cheers,
Sarah