Mac->Win revisited

Charles Hartman charles.hartman at conncoll.edu
Wed Jul 27 15:41:02 EDT 2005

On Jul 27, 2005, at 3:29 PM, Alex Tweedly wrote:

>> 2. Is there some way to quit the Dreamcard Player in Windows
>> without  Ctrl-Alt-Delete? Do I have to build an entire menu system
>> just for  that, which I have no use for in the Mac version?
>>

> Quit the Player itself, or the stack you are currently "playing" ?
>
> In either case, AFAICT, the usual Windows methods work OK
>   - Alt-F4
>   - the little X icon in the title bar
>   -  right-click on title bar and select Close

I want (the user no matter how addled to be able) to quit the Player.

But the little X icon in the title bar does _not_ do it. That closes
(each) stack, but leaves the Player sitting there in memory. Not
being used to Windows, it took me a while to find that out. I
certainly don't trust my users to know it. So I'm putting a nice, big
QUIT button on the menu/map substack.

Thanks.

  Charles