Fonts & Unicode

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Tue Jul 26 21:10:07 EDT 2005

On Jul 26, 2005, at 2:49 PM, Brad Borch wrote:

> Also, if you try to change the font of unicode text using the menu,
> the text gets converted back to single-byte characters.

It would be nice if language was a separate property and not part of
the font property.  Then each can be changed independently.  Or the IDE
acted that way.

(Actually, I'd personally rather do away with language and go strictly
Unicode for everything.  I probably don't understand all the
consequences of asking for that.  Unicode tries to handle round-trip
conversion from and to other standards, so I think we would be happy
with pasting strange encodings and with selecting any fonts--it would
be usually transparent.  For I/O we would want to convert, though.)

Dar

     DSC (Dar Scott Consulting & Dar's Lab)
     http://www.swcp.com/dsc/
     Programming and software