Mac -> Win problems

Charles Hartman charles.hartman at conncoll.edu
Tue Jul 26 19:11:57 EDT 2005

> There's another bug or two (BZ 2138 and another one I can't see
> right now) that might be what you're seeing. These happen when you
> run a stack on WinXP by double-clicking on the stack icon. I
> created BZ 2138 for this problem with the Dreamcard Player - and
> since I wasn't sure if it was intended to allow this or not, I had
> to mark that as an enhancement. I'm sure I've seen another BZ entry
> for the same, or very similar, problem with the full product - but
> can't immediately find it.
>
> I now never run stacks by double clicking them because of this
> problem - I either run them in the IDE, or build standalones.
>
> But it wasn't clear whether you are double-clicking to run it or
> not, so this may not be the answer you need.
>
> --
> Alex Tweedly       http://www.tweedly.net

I'm running by double-clicking -- because all I've got is DreamCard,
so I can't build standalones. And I suspect my users (they'll
download the Win or Mac player, I hope from my site where they get
the stack) will do it the same way. There's no evident other way to
tell the Player to load the stack; I may have missed it -- but if so,
users may well too. (I'll have to give them instructions anyway, of
course.)

So -- it's a bug, already known. Is there also a known workaround?
The app is hardly useable as it is.

Charles