Rev Documentation to the rescue

Mark Talluto userev at canelasoftware.com
Tue Jul 26 13:00:07 EDT 2005

On Jul 25, 2005, at 7:15 PM, Dennis Brown wrote:

> Chipp,
>
> I hope you are right about that, I want to think the best of the
> community, and the actions speak louder than the words, but some of
> the posts took me aback, and made me start to wonder where some
> were coming from.  I also am sensitive to the fact that changes to
> the status quo can have a real effect on peoples livelihoods if
> they don't also change to keep pace --"my altruism usually stops
> when your fist is occupying the same volume as my nose".  I like to
> see win-win propositions in all my dealings.
>
> Dennis
>
> On Jul 25, 2005, at 9:57 PM, Chipp Walters wrote:
>

>> Dennis Brown wrote:
>>

>>> I get the distinct impression that many actually do not want to
>>> see  the exclusive club of knowledgeable Transcript programmers
>>> expand to  quickly by having good docs.  It almost appears to be
>>> a conflict of  interests between professionals who want to keep
>>> the highly  productive club small because it is their competitive
>>> advantage and  the non-professionals who want to see the user
>>> base grow for the  benefit of all.  Also tutorials and other
>>> tools provided by  professionals seem to be a sort of advertising
>>> that might be lost if  the docs were first class.

Dennis,

I know that I have publicly joked about this with Richard.  My online
scripting conference stack (scripting 101) also takes a stab at
that.  I truly want Rev to succeed and become as popular as it can
be.  I think that humor does not translate well in this form and can
be misunderstood quite easily.  I apologize if anything I have ever
said has given you a negative impression regarding this topic.

A financially successful business model requires more than knowing a
wonderful tool like Rev.  Knowing Rev sure does give one the upper-
hand though.  Here is to the success of Rev and all of those
involved.  My glass is in the air.

Mark Talluto
--
CANELA Software