Praise: Rev Documentation to the rescue

MisterX b.xavier at internet.lu
Tue Jul 26 12:43:05 EDT 2005

welcome to the new hypercard!

my whole realm of taoo was overturned when i tried metacard.
It was ugly and clunky but it worked everytime and much faster
and with more panache (easier ways of doing things than in HC).

So what's confusing?
Building a stack...
Building a stack for one or the other application

How can anyone guess what you want when you have a totally free
environment to build stuff into?

When i started, i had the 10 line limit and i managed to build
a demo of the network shares and data i could manage with it.

Other wise it was batch after batch! yuk

Today, i can do the same with 10X less controls and functions...
Do it calling a one liner each time with maximum effect!

The difference between Hypercard and Rev is nominal. You can
still build you stacks like HC (with a few background differences)
but the rest is the same!

So what is confusing about HyperCard?
Learning how to program... And that's so different in HC or Rev
that you have to think bottom down instead of bottom up like in C.
But when it comes to complex routines and code, then it's the
other way... And that's new to many old or new coders alike...

New coders can see the gui and make it in 2 days
Old coders can make the code in 1 day
But neither can manage the other's way...
Is that the confusion?

Take it easy in both... Test, experiment, practice - there's
no secret no matter what IDE or language you use...

Mac Users:
Try C or AppleScripts (without ScriptDebugger or facespan)
some time! Try it with SD or FS...

PC users: try java, try flash...

Then try RR... You'll be in heaven creating an application in
minutes...  But it always takes weeks to get it just "right".

There's no secret...

cheers
Xavier
http://monsieurx.com