Another Doc Thought

Alejandro Tejada capellan2000 at mail.tricom.net
Tue Jul 26 10:08:00 EDT 2005

Richard Gaskin wrote:

>Most software undergoes a significant UI overhaul on the average of
>about once a year.
>
>I will never write a book on a specific software product.  I'd write
>about the language happily, but the UI?  Fuggedaboudit.  :)

Actually, i suspect that people is shy to ask about things that,
because are not explained, seems obvious.

But in the end, they are not so obvious and they goes mostly unnoticed.
Why nobody in these docs, tutorials, books messages had mentioned
two university courses for learning RR and MC?

Richard Gaskin has a link to these and other helpful resources
in his website. Are these resources largely unnoticed?

About the docs for RR... many years ago, i download a pdf and
print all the pages. More than 1,500 pages.

Am i the only one that print that pdf?

Before than printing this extensive document, i've have copied
pasted and printed the Metacard help and dictionary.

Should i ask again... Was i the only one to do that? :-(

Notice, i'm not a professional developer (my work prove this),
but even me had noticed that learning programming requires effort
and the area which i had choose to work with (pdf,ai,beziers,etc)
is mostly unexplored... but i do not complain. i simply keep
going and with time and effort, everything start to make sense...
and somehow working as i though it should.

Maybe after all, programming is as much a discovery as a sudden
realization. (eureka! factor).

How much time took to each of you to discover this?

Peace.
Have a nice day :-)

al