revDocWiki

Timothy Miller miller at doctortimothymiller.com
Mon Jul 25 19:43:51 EDT 2005

Someone asked earlier today, in re the hypothetical wiki that might
be used to improve and expand the rev documentation: "What is Rev
willing to kick in?" or something along those lines.

An obvious first step would be for Rev to convert its current onboard
docs into a format suitable for a wiki, and allow the wikiMaster use
of those docs, without charge. Rev could retain the copyright, if it
wanted to -- if they are copyrighted.

Rev might want to abstain from any more obligations to the wiki,
until the Rev people see how it's working out. Heck, the wikiMaster
or wikiGroup might be able to charge Rev for the improved version of
its own docs. However, it seems more civilized for Rev and the
wikiMasters to reach some kind of agreement beforehand. That's more
civilized than hostageware.

Of course, this is all hypothetical, at best, really more like highly
speculative.

What would *I* be willing to do? Well, at least I can write. If a
property, chunk, object, command, etc., might benefit from a verbose
alternative to the usual terse dictionary entry, I would be willing
to write verbose explanations of some items I understand well, and
submit them to the wiki.

Cheers,

Tim