Another Doc Thought

Alejandro Tejada capellan2000 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 26 10:47:15 EDT 2005

i send this message, from another mail direction,
so it will take a while before it appears in
this mail list. Sorry if this appears twice. :-)

on Mon, 25 Jul 2005 22:21:59 -0700
Dan Shafer wrote:

> That's one reason I hate to write printed books
these

Richard Gaskin wrote:

> Most software undergoes a significant UI overhaul on

> the average of about once a year.
> I will never write a book on a specific software
> product.  I'd write about the language happily, but
> the UI?  Fuggedaboudit.  :)

Dan and Richard
Actually, i suspect that people is shy to ask about
things that, because are not explained, seems obvious.
But in the end, they are not so obvious and they go
mostly unnoticed.

Why nobody in these docs, tutorials, books messages
had
mentioned two university courses for learning RR and
MC?

Richard Gaskin has a link to these and other helpful
resources in his website. Are these resources largely
unnoticed?

About the docs for RR... many years ago, i download a
pdf and print all the pages. More than 1,500 pages.

Was me the only one who print that pdf? :-(

Before printing this extensive document, i've have
copied, pasted and printed the Metacard help and
dictionary.

Should i ask again... Was me the only one to do that?
:-(

Notice, i'm not a professional developer
(my work prove this),but even me had noticed that
learning programming in this platform requires effort
and the area which i had choose to work with
(pdf,ai,beziers,etc) is mostly unexplored...
but i do not complain. i simply keep going and with
time and effort, everything start to make sense...
and somehow working as i though it should.

Maybe after all, programming is as much an intelligent
effort as a discovery and a sudden realization.

How much time took to each of you to discover this?

Peace.
Have a nice day :-)

al

Visit my site: