Praise: Rev Documentation to the rescue

Thomas McGrath III 3mcgrath at adelphia.net
Mon Jul 25 23:53:15 EDT 2005

Jac,

That is exactly the way the Director list serve is. Those who really
know don't pass on what they learned and it is rather 'stuffy'. That is
one reason why I abandoned Director in the end. The other was that
every Director project 'looks' and 'feels' exactly the same, I mean you
can tell a mile away if something was done in Director. I just didn't
like that for the prototype work that I do. Where as this list and
Rev's standalones are extremely fantastic.

I am hoping that Borders Book stores also end up with a whole book
shelf full of Transcript/Revolution stuff.

P.S. Speaking of loving Rev and the people on this list, I want another
Rev T-Shirt and Coffee Mug, I used mine everyday and, well, I spilled
my coffee mug on the T-shirt and well now it's stained through. Anyone
know if they will appear again???

Tom

On Jul 25, 2005, at 11:43 PM, J. Landman Gay wrote:

> Dennis Brown wrote:
>
>> I get the distinct impression that many actually do not want to see
>> the exclusive club of knowledgeable Transcript programmers expand to
>> quickly by having good docs.
>
> Sorry, but this really bothers me. If the other professionals are
> anything like me, they want Revolution to be wildly successful; our
> livelihood depends on it. It's why I volunteer so much of my time to
> the community -- to spread the word. If I were concerned about being
> in the elite, I wouldn't give a shred of advice on this list and I
> wouldn't be spending the hours I do on the scripting conferences. I
> would love to see the program as well-used and understood as, say,
> Flash or VB. I would like to see a huge installed base from which I
> could cherry-pick clients and subcontractors. I'd love for Revolution
> to be so wide-spread and well-known that there was a whole shelf at
> Barnes and Noble on Transcript and an entire business community
> looking for Rev programmers.
>
> I want everyone and their grandma to know Revolution. It would
> increase my business a hundredfold.
>
> --

Macintosh PowerBook G-4 OSX 10.3.9, OS 9.2.2, 1.25 GHz, 512MB RAM, Rev
2.6

Advanced Media Group
Eagle Works Art & Sculpture
Semantic Compaction Systems