Praise: Rev Documentation to the rescue

Michael J. Lew michaell at unimelb.edu.au
Mon Jul 25 19:30:20 EDT 2005

Oh dear, oh dear oh dear! What is it with people and the docs? The
docs work perfectly well when you know where to look for information.
That may not always be immediately obvious, but I think that some
don't spend enough time looking at the arrangement of the information
before they claim the docs are too hard, or a bottleneck.

In Rev it is very easy to experiment with commands to see how they
work. Try it.

In Rev it is fairly easy to guess what a command might be. Just try
it out and see if it works. If it doesn't then type it into the
dictionary filter and see what comes up.

This list is part of the effective documentation of Revolution (look
up "effective" keyword in the dictionary ;-). Ask a question here and
you will generally get a useful answer.

Don't try to tell me that Rev is not good for non-professionals. This
list is full of non-professionals who are making good things with it.

Regards,
Michael Lew

--
Michael J. Lew