cannot import a MS word file into field

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 25 17:59:56 EDT 2005

--- Ban Nguyen <bann at sunncomm.com> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I have a document MS word
>
> The document has text and several images.  How can I
> import this doc
> into the field?
>
> I used the property inspector but it did not work
>
> Thank you

Hi Ban,

While Revolution fields have a solid feature set, they
are not a replacement for MS Word -- you cannot set
the tabstops or alignment of each paragraph
separately, there is no support for tables, etc.

If your Word document doesn't require all that, you
could try saving it as an HTML file, and then setting
the htmlText of a field to the content of this file:
--
on mouseUp
  answer file "Select an HTML file to import"

How much information this will carry over, is another
question entirely, but it should get you somewhere.

Jan Schenkel.

Quartam - Tools for Revolution
<http://www.quartam.com>

=====