Rant Re Rev Documentation

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Mon Jul 25 03:30:13 EDT 2005

Hi Timothy,

All good points. I agree. When I was just starting, many times the
'terse explanation' in the docs just didn't go far enough-- I wanted a
few more examples of how the transcript term was used. I talked with
Jeanne DeVoto about it (she *was* the author of most the documentation,
and IMO did a great job), and she told me to put in explicit examples
for all the terms would be a herculean effort above the current resource
allocation for it. So, I don't blame her...or for that matter, RR.

I believe someone at the RevCon West conference stood up and said what
was really needed was a sort of 'application framework guide.' A
book/website/wiki/whatever which explained step-by-step how to go about
building basic programs. I agree.

I really like your idea of a Rev-sponsored WIKI. That way people could
post all kinds of examples, and it could be a great resource which Rev
doesn't have to bear the full cost of building.

chin up,

Chipp