Scale an image from an absolute point

Ken Norris pixelbird at interisland.net
Sun Jul 24 21:45:50 EDT 2005

Hi again, Roger,

On Jul 23, 2005, at 10:00 AM, use-revolution-request at lists.runrev.com
wrote:

> Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2005 12:10:52 -0400
> From: Roger.E.Eller at sealedair.com
> Subject: Scale an image from an absolute point
>
> I need to scale an image from an absolute point within the image rect.
> This point will not be the loc or any of the 4 corners. The image must
> stay positioned (locked) by a point where the user clicks during the
> scaling routine.

Is the rect of the image going to change, or do you want to zoom the
image while maintaining a visible rect at the same size (image needs to
be grouped)?

> Does anyone have an idea of how to best approach this? I
> could calculate the offset from the loc of the image, but this changes
> as
> the image is dragged to be larger/smaller. Any ideas?

I took a shot at an idea I hoped might get you started but I guess I'm
not understanding this. For example, I don't get how you are wanting to
drag the image to change the size. Is that to change the image rect?
See, that will also change the scale, so it's confusing what that is
for, if you also expect to scale it another way as well.

IOW, it appears you're presenting several different things going on,
and I don't have clear idea what you want to do.

Do you want to enlarge the image by dragging a corner (resizing the
rect, which also scales the image),  and then zoom further from a point
within the new rect while that new rect stays as it was set? How do you
want to control the zoom?

I'm sure it can happen, and I've done quite a few things like this, so
I thought I could help. Could you step  through the process as a user
might do it, one thing at a time?

All the best,
Ken N.