Deep-mask feature revisited and snapshots

Wilhelm Sanke sanke at hrz.uni-kassel.de
Sun Jul 24 15:54:59 EDT 2005

On Sun, 24 Jul 2005, "MisterX" <b.xavier at internet.lu> wrote:

> if you try the normal shift-printscreenKey command in windows
> you will be able to paste the image...
>
> no camera needed!
>
> cheers
> Xavier

Xavier,

You are right of course. Only you get a picture of the complete screen,
6.5 MB in my case, then you have to start your image program to select
and process the area of the screenshot you really need. With a camera
screenshot you could select the area in advance.

On a Mac - with the screenshot program that comes with OSX - you could
select an area or window ; I did not yet test if it is able to capture a
deep-mask stack.

Anyway, I would like to know whether this eluding visibility comes as an
unavoidable corollary for stacks with the deep-mask feature or if this
is a bug.

Maybe somebody from the Rev team could comment here?

Regards,

Wilhelm Sanke