declaring arrays?

Charles Hartman charles.hartman at conncoll.edu
Sat Jul 23 19:34:44 EDT 2005

I'm sure I'm missing something simple here. (Still learning
Transcript-speak.) I need to have a global array, just eight
elements, all initialized to false, set to true one by one in various
scripts to measure progress toward a goal. In my main stack's script
I have

global gInteractLineDone

and in its openStack handler,

   repeat with n = 1 to 8
     put false into gInteractLineDone[n]
   end repeat

But when I check in variableWatcher, I can't see any value in
gInteractLineDone at all. (And my later scripts don't seem to do
anything to it; yes, it's declared global in those scripts.) Do I
need to declare the variable as an array somehow? Is there a way,
that I've just plain missed, of initializing a variable at the same
time as declaring its scope?

Sorry, I'm just getting started with arrays here.

Charles Hartman